What are your contraception options?
One of the most important factors when choosing birth control is how effective the method is at preventing pregnancy. The following is a list of contraceptive options and their overall effectiveness:
- Birth control implant: 99%
- Intrauterine device (IUD): 99%
- Surgical approaches such as tubal ligation and vasectomy: 99%
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pill): 98%
- Condoms: 98% (when used correctly)
- Vaginal rings: 97%
- Diaphragm: 88%
This list is by no means comprehensive, but it gives you an idea of the range of efficacy rates when it comes to preventing pregnancy.